10 tips for the ideal work-life balance
by John Harris Fitness
John Harris stands for fitness, health and lifestyle. We want you to feel completely at ease and in full control of your life.
For some time now, the term "work-life balance" has been used to define the quality of our lives. We explain to you why the term should actually be replaced by a new model and how you can get the most out of your life. In our Medical Spa you will be advised if you want to reorganize your life or if you are out of balance and want to reset your priorities. Learn how to balance your job, health, fitness, housework, family, social life and hobbies.
- When you ask yourself the question about your work-life balance, it means that work and life are 2 separate areas for you. This strict separation often leads to feelings of abandonment and dissatisfaction. Ask yourself why you don't find enough fulfillment in your job and what you can do about it. Work is part of your life. The key to success is not so much to minimize this area, but to accept it as a big part of your life and optimize it. Sometimes you have the best ideas for work at home, and sometimes work projects help you find exciting leisure activities. More quality comes from a relaxed approach to work-life balance and a holistic, connecting concept of life areas.
- connect individual areas of your life. This will save you time and make you feel happier overall. For example, go to sports regularly with friends. This way neither your social life nor your fitness will suffer. Involve your family in your hobbies or household chores. Eat a healthy diet while you work, so you feel less exhausted in the evening.
- Take time to reflect on your current life. Sit down with a pen and paper and record the areas that are important to you in your life. Note which areas of your life are currently part of your routine, which ones you would like to have in your life, and which ones you could do without.
5. Structure your routines, but don't take on too much, otherwise you'll feel stressed and disappointed if you don't get everything done. Learn from your experiences and take a break before rushing from appointment to appointment.set fixed deadlines just for you. You don't always have to be productive. It is important to consciously take time for yourself. You don't have to feel guilty or selfish about it. On the contrary, this quality time helps you come down and then to be fit for new things again.
6. movement helps. when you move, your head becomes freer. Your whole body is activated. Not only does it help you stay fitter and prevent back pain in office jobs, it also gives you new ideas. Just try it once when you're stuck in one place and can't move forward.
7. Always do the unpleasant things first, then they will be done. Whether it's work or leisure, there are tasks everywhere that simply need to be done, but are not very enjoyable. If you get them done right away, you can cross them off your mental to-do list and they won't bother you later, when you're already more exhausted. For example, you could always tidy up your home first thing in the morning, so that you don't have all the housework waiting for you when you get home in the evening.
Enjoy your free time consciously. Think about what you enjoy doing and how you can add variety without taking on too much right away. It is not so much how much free time you have, but how much quality you bring into this time.
9. come down with a short sport unit after work. This way you can clear your head and switch off. For some, yoga is just the right thing in this situation, others can switch off particularly well with an intensive unit of weight training. Especially if you are mentally active during the day, it is helpful to concentrate only on your body afterwards, in order to provide the necessary balance.
10. Divide your tasks into individual steps and avoid putting things off. This will save you unnecessary stress. Some things can be well prepared when there is less to do. Later you will be happy about the tasks you have already done.
A start for you would be to consider all areas of your life as part of the whole. You can find fulfillment in all areas. A positive attitude is important and helps you to overcome stigmatized prejudices, such as the "exhausting work" and the "bad boss", as well as the always "fun free time". Learn to bring more quality into your life in all areas of your life!